Jan 21, 2014

Something borrowed

Today I made a small experiment with my extension clips, I was trying to make a bun out of braid on top of my head. I wanted to add some extensions so that braid would be a little bit thicker and longer. A small problem with my extensions is that they are blond with a red hue, and ends of my hair are golden blond, not the same color at all.  My hair is high lighted and the two hair colors would mix in a braid so I was thinking my experiment might work after all.

What happened is that it did not work out the way I wanted, the extensions were too short, too difficult to attach into a pony tail and I had too little time. In the end the bun looked like this.



You can't really see that it's made from a braid and I needed heavily to pin it up. Good thing is that  the two hair colors are not too obvious. It also lasted quite well an hour hike under a hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment